Saturday, June 29, 2013

Starbucks Copy-Cat

I'm not sure if anyone else knew this, because I didn't, but Starbucks has an entire secret menu of coffee/tea free beverages that are safe for kids (or those of us who don't drink coffee) I found the list  while I was on Pinterest, unfortunately the article is no longer available. This drink is called a syrup creme, and is basically the same thing as a steamer- except iced. I was skeptical at first, but they are totally delicious, and a great way to satisfy your coffee craving if you're trying to quit!
        I, however, won't buy this drink from Starbucks unless I have to- the reason? The drink is made with these ingredients:
  • Milk of your choice
  • Flavored syrup of your choice
  • Ice

Guess how much Starbucks charges for a Venti?  About five dollars! I bought a bottle of hazelnut syrup (which makes the best drinks in my opinion) for 3.28 at Walmart, and I always have tons of milk of  all different kinds on hand. The syrup makes roughly 24 drinks, depending on how much you use.

The directions are super easy. Add ice to a cup, pour milk on top (I use skim) and add syrup to taste (I use sugar free, because it adds no extra calories). And there you have it, a delicious, easy, cold drink for summer that tastes just as good as Starbucks (Actually better, personally. I got a skim, sugar free hazelnut syrup creme from Starbucks and it was terrible) for a fraction of the cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment