Saturday, May 25, 2013

One For The Money- Janet Evanovich

I originally bought the books Plum Spooky and Fearless Fourteen from my Dollar Store because they sounded interesting and amusing. I didn't realize at the time that this was a (rather large) series. Later I found  Finger Lickin Fifteen and Sizzling Sixteen  at a different Dollar Store, and bought them as well.
        Then as luck would have it, I stumbled upon One For The Money, Two For The Dough, Three To Get Deadly, and High Five at my local DI (thrift shop chain), where I paid $.75 each. In four days I read the first three, but have decided not to go any further until I have the other books. I think however that I might just get the books at the library, because while I do enjoy this author, and the characters, and the stories- they are a little bit rough for my library (whenever I find books that are too rough, I will usually remove them from my library.)

These books are good. They are a crazy mixture or Jersey Shore, Psych, Miss Congeniality, and one of those trashy but cute romance novel...Sounds like a totally odd concoction, but it works! The main characters are lovable, relatable, sassy, and very realistic. The books often makes me laugh out loud, which has been very refreshing since most of what I read is very dark, heavy, gritty and macabre. They are fast paced, fun, light reads that make you want to hunker down and read it all at once. I enjoy the plots, which are pretty well done, and keep you guessing. They are a bit predictable, but so far I haven't minded.

Rating: 4/5  R

Heavy language, Rape/attempted rape, drugs/ drug dealing, physical abuse, murder, sexual references, sex, prostitution, some frightening elements

No comments:

Post a Comment