Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sweet and Salty Carrot Chips

Sweet & Salty Carrot Chips

I am a big fan of veggie chips, unfortunately, most of them have bad ingredients or are super processed, or VERY expensive, so when I saw this post on pinterest; I knew I had to try it for myself. I actually liked these quite a bit. Granted, I accidentally burned mine- but they tasted good anyway. I did have a hard time getting them to crisp up- which is the main reason they ended up burnt. That is probably due, in a large part, to the fact that I didn't have any parchment paper. These were definitely a good snack though.

Ingredients

  • 3 large carrots, very thinly sliced into rounds
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

 

Directions

                             
  • Preheat oven to 425F 
  •  line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
        
  • Peel carrots and slice off tops and thin bottoms. Slice carrots into very thin rounds - as thin as you can manage.
               
  • Mix up cinnamon and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
  •  Melt coconut oil in a small microwave safe dish
               
  • Pour melted coconut oil over carrots, sprinkle with cinnamon salt mixture, toss to coat.
  • Dump onto baking sheet and spread evenly, ensuring that chips aren't stuck together.
 
  • Bake for 10-20 minutes until browned and crisp - they will crisp up more while they cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment