Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Coconut Lime Roasted Chickpeas

I like to cruise pinterest searching for healthy vegan or vegetarian nom-noms- and in my wanderings, I stumbled upon this recipe for Coconut Lime Roasted Chickpeas. I had to try it! Doesn't the name just sound so scrumptious?? So today, I whipped up a batch of these puppies. The verdict? Disappointment. They sounded so good, they looked so good, they smelled so good...but...I think the lime taste was too strong for me. I'm more of a coconut fan, and wanted more of a tropical flavor to them. I have to admit that the texture and crunch was pretty awesome; and there's a definite possibility I will make these again- but I will be playing around with the flavors.


DSC_0005_502edit1
This picture is from the original site,the recipe is also from there,
with a few of my own adaptations


Coconut Lime Roasted Chickpeas
1 cup chickpeas, patted dry
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
Zest of one lime
(optional) Cap full of Coconut Extract






  • Preheat oven to 375F
  • line a baking sheet with foil. 
  •  In a medium bowl, toss chickpeas together with melted coconut oil, lime juice and lime zest. Spread evenly on your baking sheet.
  • Roast for 15-25 minutes.
  •   Turn your baking sheet half way through and give the pan a quick shake to move the chickpeas around.
  • Let cool and store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment