Thursday, February 7, 2013

Life Hack- Makeup Primer

While on my Internet adventures, I come across some pretty interesting and weird tips, and because I'm me and way too curious for my own good, I have to try it . The latest one I saw was for "on the cheap" face primer. Apparently, according to the girl (who's blog I've lost, if you've seen it let me know, so I can site it) Monistat anti chaffing gel-powder has the exact same ingredients as Smashbox primer.
 the Monistat is only $6, and a little goes a long way. I was definitely wow-ed by this product. It went on very smooth, blended great, had a nice matte finish that covered/blurred imperfections really well, didn't make me break out, and was great under makeup. Unfortunately, there were a few downsides too. It took a REALLY long time to dry, and you definitely want to make sure it's dry before applying the makeup- and the deal breaker: It was too drying for my skin. Since this is an anti chaff gel, the purpose is to help with moisture problems. This would be great for people with oilier skin, or in the summer while my skin is moist- but right now, it sucks the moisture out of my skin and leaves it kind of flaky. That makes me sad because I really liked this product as a primer. It lasts a long time, it's cheap, and it really does a great job as a primer- so check it out! tell me what you think!

1 comment:

  1. A little update on this product: At the time I did this review, I was struggling with dry, flaky skin, which I'd mentioned in previous posts. Now, however, my skin is healthy and moist again. Now that my skin is no longer moisture deprived and unhealthy, this is the only primer I use. It no longer dries my skin out, and doesn't take nearly as long to dry. I highly recommend it. I STILL have the same tube I bought before, and I use it almost every day. I'm not even close to being done with it yet either.

    ReplyDelete