Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Natural Hair Lightening

I like to keep my hair about a shade or two darker than my natural hair color- subtle but effective. unfortunately the last time i dyed my hair, the ends turned black while the roots ended up the color they were supposed to be -.- ugh. So I finally decided to fix it, but didn't want to have to Color Oops my hair...so I decided to look for natural recipes. I settled on this one that I found on pinterest (I know, I'm addicted)

The recipe calls for
1 cup conditioner
1/3 cup honey
3 TBSP Ground Cinnamon

(This makes a lot, and was TONS for my waist length hair, so if your hair is short, you may want to make a smaller batch)




Mix it all together and apply to freshly washed and conditioned, untangled hair. Braid in small 2 inch pieces and put a shower cap on, sit under a dryer for 30 minutes to set. The instructions also suggest leaving it on for several more hours.





















This mixture BURNED!!! After about 15 minutes I was dripping sweat too, which was gross. I rinsed my hair, which was super soft and warm- this took FOREVER -.-
After I dried my hair, I realized that the treatment had done absolutely nothing :(
I hadn't expected much though because my hair is very resistant to dyes...So maybe it will work for you! give it a shot and tell me how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment