Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bat Wings

Lately I've been getting bored and going through my stuff. I found these plain and cheap batwings in my costume closet. I got them a few years ago with a costume, but I've never worn them.
I decided that they were boring and that maybe I would use them if I spiced them up, so I gathered some tools. The wings are made out of a fine netting material, which in my expierence burns really nicely. I took a lighter and ran it across the bottom edge so that it would give it more of a dramatic edge and some cool texture. I also carefully ran the lighter over the fabric to melt little holes in the mesh. After that I used a needle to create runs in th wingd, then splattered them with black paint and sprinkled some glitter over the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment