Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Imagine

I just want the world-
Is that too much to ask?
The see, a tree, a buzzing bee
All within my grasp.
You are the blazing sun
And I the glistening moon.
They say Quick kings
corrupt kind queens;
But their legends are nothing but
black tar.
Yes, I just want the world.
I just want the heavens
Is that too much to ask?
You’ve said I am a goddess
And you’ve said that I’m a doll
And if you had been Adam
You’d gladly take the fall.
The stars will be our flashlights,
The clouds will be our covers
And when it rains,
We’ll stay dry,
Abiding in the sky.
Yes, I just want the heavens.
I just want the ocean,
Is that too much to ask?
Whales, snails, trails and gales,
All at my command.
I will be the lighthouse
Keeping you on course
You can be my anchor,
Keeping me ashore
Yes, I just want the ocean.
Oh I just want a little-
Just a piece of everything…
Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment