Sunday, February 2, 2014

Update

Wow, It's been so long since I posted anything! I assure you, I didn't fall in a hole or die or anything. I have so many things to talk about, but I'm going to break them up into several different posts, just so they're easier to catalog and therefore find.

    So first off, let's talk about me. Last I posted I had a new job, which I still have and love. Working with infants is incredible guys- I mean it. Yes, it is very demanding and challenging and sometimes my patience is just fryed- but this is the most rewarding job I've ever had.  It has been incredible to bond with all of my little ones (I've had nine over the course of my job.) and to watch them grow and learn. When I started, I had four kiddos. The oldest had learned to walk, but couldn't talk yet. The rest were just crawling. My oldest is now well over two and has graduated, and the rest are running, climbing, talking and making decisions all on their own. Amazing guys; just amazing. I love them so much.
       I'm also still working my other job (Costco Demonstrator) on the weekends. It's good to have the extra paycheck for sure- because even though I love the daycare, I only make minimum.
      For awhile I went Vegan, and it was so incredible. I felt so healthy, and lean. I lost a ton of bloat and fat. I wasn't sick all the time. I eventually gave up because being vegan is expensive. Though, I discovered that eating out is a lot cheaper if you buy vegan things. For example, if you go to Village Inn with a friend, add a side of spinach to their meal, and ask for the dressing of your choice (I also ask for crackers, and crumble them on top of the spinach). That gives you a simple, nutritious and yummy salad for...get this $0.35! um yeah awesome.
     Also, When I go to Pei Wei (right across the street from the daycare, so I can get my exercise too) I order two sides of tofu cooked in water ( I can't have oil) ($2.00 each), a side of brown rice ($.50), a side of steamed snow peas, bean sprouts, broccoli and carrots ($1.00-1.50) and terriyaki sauce ($.50). I ask them to mix it all in the same bowl, and I have a meal that will feed me twice for about six dollars. That's about the price of a cheeseburger, and WAY better for me. And Pei Wei's tofu is the bomb! Best tofu I have ever had! I love Pei Wei. The staff is incredible, and they have never told me no on any special order (plus, ordering things as sides like that makes it cheaper than anything on the real menu)
      Also, since I last wrote, the missionary "dear jane-ed" me, and was sent home, and the Dan and I separated for good. I met an amazing guy at my favorite dance club, and we hit it right off- and now the reason for my long absence.....
 
WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!
 
 
   I know right?! Wow, weddings are such a nightmare. I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off non stop for the last few months. So, I will be posting wedding stuff on here and you can follow my adventure to a less than a thousand dollars wedding!


No comments:

Post a Comment