Monday, January 21, 2013

Veggie Patch- Veggie Dogs

I've recently began eating a much more vegetarian diet, and so I've been trying a lot of vegetarian/vegan substitutes for things. Several years back, I decided to try the veggie dog at Hot Dog On A Stick.....yuck. It was awful. Ever since then, I have been terrified of veggie dogs.

Well, while the Dan and I were at Wal-mart, I stumbled upon a cooler full of vegetarian/vegan meats (score!) Among them I found the Veggie Patch Veggie Dogs.

 I was wary of the veggie dogs, because of my past experience, but up on the corner of the box it says "Best Tasting Veggie Dogs!- Guaranteed. That was pretty comforting. Not many places are willing to refund your money if you don't like their food...So I decided to give it a whirl. The Verdict? Not bad. These actually tasted very close to real hot dogs. Once you add ketchup, mustard, and/or relish; you wouldn't even know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment