Monday, January 28, 2013

No Shampoo Trial

So while I was cruising pinterest, I came across this post about going the "No shampoo" route; or in other words, cutting out the chemicals and yick, and instead washing my hair with natural ingredients. Now, I have really long (waist length, in fact) hair- And so I'm always on the look out for ways to help it grow healthier, stronger, longer and thicker. When I read the post, I thought about something I was told as a kid "If you wouldn't eat it, don't put it on your skin or hair". Hm. So I decided to give it a shot. the verdict?
No.
This was 100% not for me. I washed my hair like she said, and when I got out of the shower, I had huge snarls in my hair that took a lot of work to get out. My hair doesn't usually snarl, and the little tangles it does have are easily removed with my fingers and a blow dryer (I never brush/comb my hair when it's wet). My hair was also really limp, none of the full, flowing volume it usually has, and it was dull and coarse. In her post she said that she could go for 4+ days without washing her hair. By day two, my hair was so greasy and limp that I could style it without gel or hairspray. It was disgusting. On day three, I had terrible dandruff, my scalp itched, and my hair was stringy, the roots practically wet with grease.
I tried to re-wash it, but I couldn't get the grease out with the solutions she was using. This may work for her, but for me it was a real no-go.


No comments:

Post a Comment